9/10/2011 3:22:34 AM
advantagates and disadvantages of flex
1. What are the advantages and disadvantages of flex?
2. What is the difference between java and flex to developing UI?
Thanks & Regards,
9/11/2011 9:19:11 AM
Flex advantages :
1) Deep penetration of flash player allows it to run almost everywhere.
2) Cross platform compatibility flash player allows one swf to run on any operating system and any browser.
3) Flex as development environment is very easy to work on, It runs on Eclipse platform which makes it already familiar interface to most of the developers.
4)Flex SDK is free and open source.
5) Flex can be easily used to develop large scale projects.
6) Web or Desktop applications can be developed in flex.
1) Flex or Flash builder is quite costly for a normal developer.
2) Powerful desktop applications cannot be created in flex.
3) Writing files and reading files is a headache.
4)Large amounts if data records are not easy to handle , performance decreases.
9/11/2011 9:36:53 AM
Advantages of flex are many :-
1. Crossplateform tool
2. Developmet can be done in actionscript or XML based language.
3. Robust development environment.
4. Mobile , desktop or web applications can be created.
Disadvantages of Flex are :-
1. Actionscript is based on ECMA script specifications so does not comply with JAVA and C++.
2. MXML language is new learning both actionscript and MXML approach can be confusing.
3. Dependent on flash player.
9/13/2011 3:44:17 AM
The advantages are:
The applications can be truly web based and cross platform. All it needs is the flash player. The flash player and plug-ins are available for every different browser and every different hardware platform including mobiles. So we can have a good reach in deployment.
The programming includes XML based approach which gives us the much needed persistence of logic through the various versions of programming platforms.
A full-featured IDE gives us the right base to create our own application in robuse way.
The Disadvantages are:
It is completely based on Flash player and a failure at the flash player level can destroy your application.
The programming languages includes MXML and Actionscript which are completely new and just not compliant with prevalent standard languages like the C++ or Java.